Tuesday, January 6, 2009

inspired.

i'm so excited because i have an idea for my screenplay. it came to me yesterday as i was visiting with one of my friends over dinner. i just love when ideas come to me instead of the whole brainstorming technique. it makes me feel like i'm meant to be here... i'm meant to write... and i can't wait to start getting it down on paper. i can't say the idea because i don't want anyone to steal it!!

i realize my blog is very depressing at times, but i've stopped journaling, so it all comes out in my blog. my mood today is pretty much the same as it has been every day. i don't feel down in the dumps, but rather... expectant. i'm not sure what's around the corner, but whatever it is, i'm anticipating it too much. see, so many times, people wait for something great to happen to them instead of moving forward and making it happen themselves. "be the change you want to see in the world" to quote ghandi... but it is so true. so that's my plan of action. instead of anticipating and expecting what's next, i'm just going to change. i have thought long and hard (as you see in previous posts) about what it is i need to do to change/be happ(ier) and it's time i just do the damn shit instead of standing outside the flames. if you want a fire, you have to build one.

i guess what i'm saying is that now i've watched the 4th season of grey's anatomy on dvd in 2 days, it's time to turn off the tv and read, craft, finish things that i started, and get to gettin'.

i don't think i'm going to write much for the next two weeks since it will become my life again, soon enough. i'll blog and jot down ideas, but intense writing will have to take a backseat for awhile so i can sort through my emotions and get over my internal baggage i've been carrying around since november. i'm not saying i'll completely get over it - that won't happen for a long time, but i will definitely guide the focus back to myself for a change.

i've decided to take 3 writing classes next semester. i'll definitely be busy with my writing again, plus working. 17 hours of school, 17 hours of work each week.

i'll be taking:
film script writing
tutorial in writing (where i'll meet with mel and discuss various writing projects every week)
adv. poetry writing
theories in professional writing
and........GEOLOGY! dun dun dun.

anyway,
i don't really like that it gets dark at 5:30 during winter because then i feel like i've lost time of day or something. i will try to disregard this feeling....annnnd. that's my post for today. love!

2 comments:

that lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
that lady said...

thank you so much morgen. you seriously helped me understand the most profound thing about the entire process I am going through and that is that all that I feel I lost are remarkably POSITIVE memories and experiences and at least I have that right? It reminds me of this Oprah I was watching this other day of people that overcame great obstacles... this woman lost her husband and her three year old son in a private plane crash and she's the only one that survived. She said she made a CHOICE. She went through the natural grieving process and got the the point where she was angry... but she DECIDED that in being angry for the time she lost with them, she was essentially diminishing the joy and the beauty and the love that she HAD had the opportunity to have in her life for the time that they were there. And then you wrote this post all about taking action- and I've been thinking about it all day and it all culminates here... anyway... thanks for being inspired lady. me too.

(please ignore my deleted comment. I spelled something wrong and it bothered me) love you!