Monday, October 12, 2009

Changes

Many changes have taken place in my life since I last blogged. It's hard to keep you updated since my life pretty much changes every single day. Let me start by saying that I recently went to Monolith Music Festival at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado. It was amazing!! I had the time of my life with 2 close friends of mine, and it was an experience I will never forget.

My future has really been weighing down on me... I'm done with college very soon - May 2010. As a Professional Writing major, I have become more than burnt out on writing for the time being, and it's been looking pretty hopeless for me - that is, a career in writing. At least for now. I don't feel competitive at all, and I have so much trouble finishing writing projects that I begin. So, if nothing else changes from now til May, I plan to work here in Oklahoma over the summer, save money, and move out to Colorado for a job at a ski resort, or something of the like. Many things could change, but I feel I have the freedom now to actually do something like that, especially since I'm single. Oh yes, and that's another thing. Josh and I have been broken up for quite sometime now - maybe almost 2 months, but it was entirely mutual, and there is really no chance of it working. We've been through everything together, and there just comes a time, unlike any other time you fight/break up/whatever that you know it's really over, and this time has finally come. I say finally because after almost 3 years of yes's and no's, love and hate, hardships, distance, making up, trying/not trying, you finally realize that even though you spent so much time getting to know this one person inside and out, it's time to let go, take what you learned and move on. I will always have a place for Josh in my heart, and I wish him the best in the Marine Corps and everything he will do in life, we just aren't compatible, and you can't force something that just isn't there.

Anyhow, I received my first batch of poems to edit the other day for the Windmill magazine position. I'm pretty excited to be workshopping poems again, I just wish I could write my own!! For some reason, the words just won't come. Maybe reading other student's poetry will be inspiring. Sometimes we just need a little inspiration.

I wish I could tell you more juicy tidbits of my life, and you better believe there are some, I just don't think I'm ready to spill the beans, yet.

1 comment:

that lady said...

Morgen you sound so good! I'm so happy for you! I bet it feels so good to have all the options in the world right now! We miss you!